New tank cars to VLI (Brazil)

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

pedrop

A Railfan in Brazil
VLI ordered 87 new broad gauge TCT class tank cars with Greenbrier/Maxion (GM). The tank itself is made by Delp here in my city Vespasiano and then sent by trucks to GM for finishing. I took these pics of some tank cars on trucks at Delp gates this week.
P2770053.JPG
P2770055.JPG
P2770045.JPG
P2770044.JPG
P2770043.JPG
P2770041.JPG
P2770040.JPG
P2770048.JPG

Last edited:
No, these cars can not be transported by rail since VLI do not have big flat cars for this. Also, there are tight cuts and tunnels on the way from here to Maxion plant in Hortolandia, SP. It is a more than 1,000km long journey by rail. By truck is about 600 km.

I deleted the duplicate thread at your request.

Any way the unfinished tank cars can be transported by rail?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back