New Strap

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Eastern Railfan

Ferroequineologist
Just received my Black Rapid RS-7 camera strap. I know a lot of people who have them and they have had nothing but good things to say. I'll give my full opinion after I've had a chance to use it, but so far I'm pleased to not have my camera hanging around my neck anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kenw

5th Generation Texian
would be interested in your longterm opinions, Tommy. I've had a hard time rationalizing these (very popular on other photo forums) simply because I've never wanted to carry my camera that way.

I never place the strap around my neck, it's always over my shoulder with the lens facing down and toward me at my side so I can hold it in my hand at the ready.

Eastern Railfan

Ferroequineologist
would be interested in your longterm opinions, Tommy. I've had a hard time rationalizing these (very popular on other photo forums) simply because I've never wanted to carry my camera that way.

I never place the strap around my neck, it's always over my shoulder with the lens facing down and toward me at my side so I can hold it in my hand at the ready.
I'm going to having to start practice drawing like I used to with my handgun in my holster. :D

Eastern Railfan

Ferroequineologist
So after using the strap all day yesterday in D.C., I'm definitely satisfied with it. Was great for carrying and it kept my camera always at the ready. When I knew I wasn't going to be using it, it has a couple of sliding keeps to hold the camera in one spot. For me, it was definitely money well spent. Carrying it like this though may not be for everyone though so it really boils down to to personal preference.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)