New FRA Crossing app for smartphones.

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

njurgensen

Railfanning Meteorologist
Taken from the FRA's webpage itself (Link: http://www.fra.dot.gov/Page/P0703).

Rail Crossing Locator Mobile Application
The Crossing Locator was developed to provide users with access to the highway-rail grade crossing database and map features from a mobile device. The tool allows users to locate crossings by USDOT Crossing ID, address or geo-location; access inventory records submitted by states and railroads; and view accident history.

iPad and iPhone with Locator App and link to the App StoreUsers can also select from multiple base map features and identify railroad crossings by special characteristics. Users may also use the app to find and call the Emergency Notification Number (ENS) in case of an emergency or a safety concern about a specific highway-rail grade crossing. The information accessed in the mobile application is derived from the Safety Data website using information submitted by States and Railroads.

The Crossing Locator App is currently available for your Apple and Android Devices.

IPHONES AND IPADS
Download it from The Apple APP Store. (Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rail-crossing-locator/id643005214?mt=8)

ANDROID PHONES AND TABLETS
Download it from The Google Play Store. (Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gov.dot.fra.RailCrossing)

Interesting. I may have to download it just to see what it's like.

I use this app, its very cool. I travel pretty often and when you see tracks its pretty easy to find who the owner is by using this app. I'll be in the middle of no where and have no clue who's tracks are the ones I'm passing by, and there are no active grade crossings to see the sign, this app helps. Otherwise it's not that great.

I find the accident reports are interesting. Especially the ones that say stuff about drivers talking on cell phones and stuff

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back