Nebraska Gathering?

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Smitty905

I'm not the best at scheduling social outings, but just thought I'd throw the idea out there if someone else wants to pick up the torch and run with it I'm more than fine with that.

Their seems to be quite a few of us in the Eastern Nebraska area. Seems like most of you already know each other.

Whatever the case may be I think it would be cool to meet halfway, like at Mahoney Park, maybe have dinner at the lodge, then head out and go train hunting.

Just an idea. I haven't chased trains in years, but I'm looking to getting back into it and I'm always up for making new friends.

Let me know what you guys think.

R

RailfanRails

A gathering trackside somewhere like Fremont, Oreapolis, Ohama, etc would probably be a good event. Lots of opportunities as long as the weather holds for a gathering.

papio

How about Parker's Smokehouse on Hwy 6, about a mile west of Ashland on Hwy 6? Good food and just south of the BNSF main. If there's enough interest, they have an area that can cater to a gathering of folks. I can assist as needed :)

CGW101c

CGW Fan
There is a nice little park next to the tracks in Greenwood but I don't know if they have rules for cooking. Then there is Louisville state park where you can grill trackside. I'd would like to meet all you guys. Spring is a great time. TZ

brad_in_omaha

I love Parker's. We are having dinner there this Saturday night!

Allan, I wouldn't get too excited about what day yet, I may be 60+ degrees out, but Spring is a long ways off...

R

RailfanRails

Smitty905 you might want to join the local yahoo group (link is in Brad's signature line) as we do a lot of heads up and other stuff there also.

njurgensen

Railfanning Meteorologist
I hope to not be overstepping my boundary to say that I'd be interested in this. I've already met Rick, it'd be nice to meet some of the other eastern Nebraskans (and Iowans) on here.

CGW101c

CGW Fan
There are few boundaries here. And for better or worse through sickness and health..... you are part of the Nebraska Iowa railfans, yes even the world group of railfans. Maybe that's a little deep. I like to meet all these people sometime. TZ

njurgensen

Railfanning Meteorologist
There are few boundaries here. And for better or worse through sickness and health..... you are part of the Nebraska Iowa railfans, yes even the world group of railfans. Maybe that's a little deep. I like to meet all these people sometime. TZ
By saying that I didn't want to be intruding or inviting myself along...I would like to meet everybody as well.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)