My Proposed Line from South Jersey to New York City

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

mattfroonjian

One of the many deficiencies in South Jersey transit is the lack of a rail line form South Jersey to New York City. I decided to create one that runs along part of the Atlantic City Line then up the Northeast Corridor to Newark and New York City.
South Jersey-New York Line.png

A couple of notes:
-I'd suggest electrifying the Atlantic City Line (something that should be done anyway) in order to avoid an engine switch when the train gets on the Northeast Corridor.
-I didn't extend the line all the way to Atlantic City because I think the amount of time it would take for the train to cross South Jersey then go up to NYC would make it unfeasible.
-You'd also probably have to enlarge the platforms on Atlantic City Line stations to fit the trains that would be needed for this line.

I'm confused...Who is saying what to whom ?? If you are proposing this fictitious line why are you making suggestions as if you're talking to someone else ? Or, are you ? Are you not the OPer ? If not, who and where is he in the thread ? This is post #1 ! I see no other posts...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back