My proposal on a new type of night train

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Flavio Bassi

Hello,
I am a new member, railroad enthusiast from Italy.
In order to contribute in some way to the development of railways, I have done a little research work on a new type of night train: it would have a mix of sleeping car and hotel features. The result should be much more comfortable and pleasant than it is today, so much so that it could be used for longer journeys, even during the day (for example, space for personal work is available on board).
The new train contains a long list of new elements and spaces, never before seen on trains. It might seem impossible to put all these things on one train while maintaining acceptable fares; however, I also made a basic business plan and the whole thing seems to work. This was referring to Europe, but in America it should be quite similar - or even better, because if I am not mistaken your size limits are larger and so there should be more interior space available.
The work is published in a book, and I would like to show it and discuss it. If anyone is interested, and if it is allowed by the forum rules (please notify me if not), I can add more information along with a preview of the first chapter.
Thank you!
Flavio

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back