Monte Holm locomotive movement

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Ballard Beaver

ballard beaver
It arrived in seattle at 4:58am sunday. As of 8:30am the engine was parked almost underneath the 1st Ave South overpass on one of the PC tracks, near Daniel Smith Art Supply. [see attached photo] I'm sure it'll go to Stacy Yard, get switched, then dragged out to the barge slip.

As of 15:00 sunday the engine is in Stacy Yard. Visible but tough to get a good shot of it, behind starbucks HQ.

Last edited by a moderator:

SDP45

Abandoned line seeker
I hope someone can catch them shoving it onto the barge.

Thanks to all for the updates of its movement.

No-Defects

Are You A Defective Fomar
Apparently, I shot this train last night when I was playing around with some flash units somewhere in the Gorge. I had no idea that there was a steamer out and about, or I would have "flashed" it as well.

SDP45

Abandoned line seeker
Shack,

That's my photo! It was great to watch them CAREFULLY lift it into place.

Shack

No Bo's Ride My Train!
Shack,

That's my photo! It was great to watch them CAREFULLY lift it into place.

Ahhhh I didn't mean to imply the photo was mine. If it read that way I'm sorry. I just happened to find it, thought it was cool and linked it here.

SDP45

Abandoned line seeker
You didn't imply it was yours at all. I understood that you came across it somehow and I was delighted you did!:D

Here's another one from that day:

douglasm

Cool shots, folks. Thanks for posting them. What's the status of the passenger cars that shared the siding with the loco?

It seems strange now to drive down Broadway towards the freeway without seeing the loco. I know a scrap yard is not the perfect venue to display much of anything, but I miss seeing it there......

SDP45

Abandoned line seeker
Doug,
The passenger car will be making the journey to Alaska after the first of the year.

Ballard Beaver

ballard beaver
photos of the steam engine. unfortunately lighting not the best.

1. sunday 12/18 15:40 in stacy yard
2. tuesday 12/20 11:00 in harbor island yard
3. wednesday 12/21 13:00 on barge at harbor island

according to published schedules, the barge to whittier leaves on tuesday. i went down to harbor island yesterday, tuesday, and saw the steam engine in the harbor island yard (second picture). The UP switch job was unloading the barge that had come from alaska -- mostly empties. i talked to the switchman and asked him if the steam engine would be going on to the barge that day -- he said "not today" but didnt seem to want to talk much. went back down there today wednesday and the UP job was loading the outgoing barge, the unit was already on the barge and had been completely tarped for the trip. you can see it on the left of the barge behind a tank car. the barge is leaning heavily.

mrmoose

Wow, I was there right before you, I got video of them loading it! I came back a while later to look at it one last time.:(

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)