May 21st 2020 SE Wisconsin

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

RonWischer

CN 3270 leads a stacker north at mid Duplainville with CN 3265 assisting mid train.
CN NB Stacker 5-21-2020 - 1.jpg
CN NB Stacker 5-21-2020 - 2.jpg

CN 2329 SB Manifest gives a wave crossing Hwy K at North Duplainville.
CN SB Manifest 170 axels 5-21-2020.jpg

CP's only west bound daily stacker 199.
CP 199 West 5-21-2020.jpg

CP re built 8119 leads 804 axles ( 198 Loaded Potash Cars ) east with mid train.
CP 210 Axel Potash Loads 5-21-2020 -1.jpg
CP 210 Axel Potash Loads 5-21-2020 -2.jpg

Today's CP 281 West runs with a pair of UP's for power.
CP 281 West 5-21-2020.jpg

CP 287 West has one of the re built SD90's ( now SD70acu ) 7006 leading.
CP 287 West 5-21-2020.jpg

The Empire Builder #8 on the CP runs east.
Empire Builder East 5-21-2020.jpg

A rough looking CN 2298 heads into the siding at North Duplainville.
SB CN Stacker at N Dupy 5-21-2020.jpg

Didn't have to go to the beach to see a Topless one today.
Topless Tank 5-21-2020.jpg

Actually, this was my 1st catch of the day.
It's the west bound Weston coal loads on the UP's Adams sub.
2 up front and one pushing.
UP Weston Loads 5-21-2020_1.jpg
UP Weston Loads 5-21-2020_2.jpg
UP Weston Loads 5-21-2020_3.jpg

Last edited:
Cool to see classic midtrain helpers instead of the usual rear DPUs. The irony is that the terrain appears fairly level. I know DPU's are used to aid train control even when there are no significant grades.

Thanks for posting a photo of Amtrak #8. I have not been able to leave the house to photograph the Builder passing the marsh or Sunset Ave. in quite some time. I once started a thread to capture the same Builder by members as it traversed cross country between Seattle and Chicago. I'll try again after Covid-19 restrictions are eased now that we have new/returning members in the upper Midwest.

Last edited:

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back