Major BNSF/UP MOW Projects in Pacific Northwest..

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

SP&SFan

MP 72 - BNSF Spokane Sub.
I was wondering what the Class I's would be doing in the form of maintainence.

I was wondering if any BNSF and/or UP rails would chime in on 2011 Major MOW windows for the Seattle, Fallbridge, Stampede, Bellingham, Lakeside & Scenic Subs for the BNSF... What about the Brooklyn, Portland, LaGrande & Cascade Subs for the UP?? :)

Thanks,
Zachary H. - SP&SFan

Cheshire to Cook
Brooklyn sub

UP is currently doing tie replacement at the south end of the Brooklyn Sub. Also replacing the SP cantilevers and searchlight signals.

cotton_belt

Johnny Lunchmeat
Brooklyn Subdivision – A double tie gang is installing 80,812 ties between Oakridge and Shedd, Ore.; a tie gang begins work Feb. 4 to install 13,726 ties in Eugene Yard; and a rail gang will install 26.2 miles of rail between Irving and Shedd, Ore., beginning Feb. 5.

Kalan Industrial Lead – A rail gang is installing 13.71 miles of rail between Richland Junction and Yard, Wash.

Seattle Subdivision – A tie gang is installing 10,000 ties in Argo Yard, Wash.

SP&SFan

MP 72 - BNSF Spokane Sub.
Yes, I am aware of the UP MOW on the Brooklyn Sub.. I'm looking for what UP and BNSF is doing on other Sub's in the PNW.. :D:D

~Zachary Hastings - SP&SFan

otlocal

I've noticed new signals on the OT(Darth Vader)but there still not operable,it's been about a year or more,also some of these have been installed near Moody that are working.

No-Defects

Are You A Defective Fomar
I'm in the Eugene area and have Wednesday free - any projects that would prevent trains from running during daylight on 2/9/11 in any direction?

If the UP is shut down north and south, any idea on the CORP or whatever line that runs between Eugene and Salem?

Train Guy

UP Washy and S.I. Cond.
UP has several tie projects scheduled for the Spokane, Ayer, Lagrande & Huntington subs. Some of this work will be a continuance of work that wasn't finished in 2010. Signal work is also underway in the Blues to replace elderly searchlight and UP color light signals.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)