Maintenance in the Way

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Bob

Forum Host
Staff member
When you're shooting train photos, usually the last thing you want to see is a work crew, as it usually means there won't be any trains any time soon.

This recent evening was no exception, a BNSF work crew was tamping the approach to Bridge 37, across the Snohomish River near Everett, WA.

Since it was "Blue Hour" and I was hoping for a shot, I decided to turn this bright yellow lemon into lemonade. It's probably the fanciest shot of a tamper I've ever taken.

DSC_7431-2.jpg

Last edited:
Ditto. The greatest misconception is a railroader either drove a train or drove spikes. Goes without saying there's so much in getting a train from point A to point B.
Hy-Ball the Roll By

I work for a railroad contractor and the pilot we had that day toned up the dispatcher to request track time for us to get out and work.

After explaining what he wanted to do, the dispatcher informed the pilot that he had too many trains to run and we wouldn't be getting out.

The pilot asked the dispatcher, "What came first, the track or the trains"?

It didn't help, we didn't get any track time that day!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back