looking for old Erie Forge & Steel photos.

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

mykfyll420

Hey there family, im looking for any old photos of the Erie Forge & Steel plant back when they had coal or coke brought in to heat the furnaces. I cant find any. Ive looked everywhere. The main thing I want is photos of the yard on the north west side of the plant. There is some piping that comes out of the ground that id like to know about. Any help will do. I plan on eventually modeling the complex in HO scale and I need all the info I can get.

Hey I modeled that too!

Happened upon this forum tonight, and joined, I'm from Erie PA, I find Erie Forge and Steel one of the most fascinating structures ever made, my forge is scratch built with some artistic licensing of corse, I modeled it just as I remembered it, huge foreboding, real filthy, anyhow I understand that this thread is very old but hope you respond. I'd like to see some pics of yours, we could compare. Seriously I couldn't find anything on blueprints, overhead photos, not even old microfiche at the library, NOTHING, so I used what photos I had, and old timers I knew that worked there, as references for the model. Hope to hear from you. Thanks!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back