Looking for info on this bell

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Snoopy

I acquired this old train bell yesterday but have no info on it. Can someone please help identify it?

Thanks,
Zack

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 186
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 172
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 207
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 183
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Could you post up a close up on the second number, the number that is hidden beneath the cable holding up the bell?

Could you post up a close up on the second number, the number that is hidden beneath the cable holding up the bell?

Hi Bill. Yes sir, when I get home today I will try to get some better photos. What do you suspect this bell is based on what you can see here?

I don't know, but we have members who are very good at sniffing out the origins of railroad equipment.

Hi Bill.
Here are a couple more pics. Looks like it came from an old EMD engine. If you or anyone else can help me run it down further I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 172
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 172

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back