KP Heads Up! CSX 847

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

nwkrailfan

Looks like a empty coal train bound for Energy, Colorado has CSX 847 on the point according to a source in Van Buren, AR and the UP trace. Last update in the UP trace puts it past Conway, AR 2:43 P.M. So, heads up to anyone along the UP Coffeyville Sub and also the UP Salina Sub as this is headed your way.

Abilene Ks Railfan

Looks like a empty coal train bound for Energy, Colorado has CSX 847 on the point according to a source in Van Buren, AR and the UP trace. Last update in the UP trace puts it past Conway, AR 2:43 P.M. So, heads up to anyone along the UP Coffeyville Sub and also the UP Salina Sub as this is headed your way.
That should put it thru here sometime tomorrow.Hope it don't show while I'm gone in the morning
I caught that same unit eastbound on Feb 19th

Train Guy

UP Washy and S.I. Cond.
With all the railfans complaining about "just another widecab GE" whats the cause for alarm for a CSX ES44AH? If it was a SD80MAC like it would have been a couple years ago I would agree. Just curious.

Brett

nwkrailfan

It's quite uncommon to see foreign power in this part of Kansas, let alone on mostly all UP AC4400CW led coal trains.

kskcsfan

kskcsfan
CSXT units on coal trains through here, whether they be SD40-2s to '44AH's are rather seasonal, seems they only show up around late winter and early spring, I'll probably be in school when it goes through so good luck.

nwkrailfan

Just a update, the unit is still down in Arkansas I have a spotter in Van Buren, AR that should be able to tell me the entire unit consist.

kskcsfan

kskcsfan
Just a update, the unit is still down in Arkansas I have a spotter in Van Buren, AR that should be able to tell me the entire unit consist.
Assuming it will show up tomorrow, and that it is the same GLFX coal train it would be the CMSEY9 27, gotta wonder what took it so long to get back this way, or perhaps it's on it's 2nd trip back west.

Abilene Ks Railfan

Ok thanks. When I saw it on Feb 19th, the consist was UP 6019,CSX 847, UP 6051 was DPU.
If I knew when it departed KC, I can estimate when it would pass by Me

nwkrailfan

As of this morning CSX 847 departed Coffeyville, KS at 7:03 AM, unless the train can make good time to Salina I will probably be seeing this unit at night.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)