KCS Hiring Practices

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

SlackTrack

Does anyone here have any experience with KCS and their hiring practices? Three weeks ago I received an email from a Blaine Steck asking me to participate in a phone interview. The person that called me for the actual interview that Friday was a man named Bill Perry who was working on the Macaroni Line. The position was for a mechanical maintenance manager and I do believe I interviewed quite well. Mr. Perry informed me that they would make a decision within one week. That was over two weeks ago and I have had no response from either gentleman. The position is still posted on their employment website as well so I find myself confused and in the dark as I have no rejection email and no feedback of any kind.

Should I assume that continued silence in how KCS tells you that you didn't make the cut? Or do they just take forever and a day to make a decision? Anyone have any insight on them?

SlackTrack

Doesn't matter. I received my rejection email today. 45 days after the interview. Like I didn't see that one coming. <sigh>

banks2

You'll get hired with someone, keep trying. It's a long drawn out process. Message me if you need help..

SlackTrack

Thanks. I had two phone interviews this past week. One with BNSF for an EFLS Mechanical position and the other with good ole CSX for a trainmaster trainee. I am also waiting on an invite from UP. They have approved my application and will notify when they are ready to proceed. I also passed the online tests for NS and CN but have heard nothing since. Honestly, I plan on going with the first outfit that says "c'mon aboard!"

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)