KCS Camping at Corning

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

kskcsfan

kskcsfan
A couple weeks ago my friend Lance Garrels and I took of on an unexpected impromptu trip, as with most trips he and I take we had no set plan but he decided to give me options, "Well pal, we can go up northwest of Marysville (Kansas) or we can go over to Kansas City". Living in the Manhattan, KS area both options are realistic. After some thought I came up with an option of my own, in which he didn't mind "How about the BNSF St. Joe Sub?" With that we took off heading northeast. About half way to St. Joe we decided to head all the way up to Plattsmouth, Nebraska. While that was an adventure in itself I'll leave that part of the story for another time.

On our way there we stumbled across a grain train stopped at Corning, MO. Upon closer inspection we were treated to the sight of a pair of KCS SD70ACes in awesome light. BNSF's Napier Sub seemed to be more of a parking lot with at least three trains tied down, the one here, and two at Hamburg, Iowa. Then there were 3 more stopped with crews on board waiting to head west at Pacific Junction.
102_8246.jpg
102_8248.jpg
102_8251.jpg

1, 2, & 3) KCS 4174 is tied down at Corning, Missouri with an empty grain train bound for Council Bluffs, Iowa on July 6th, 2014.

Thanks for looking!
Lucas

Nice catch Lucas. You're right about the Napier being a parking lot at times, this past Sunday I counted six trains tied down on it between Craig and Pacific Junction.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back