Is working on the railroad as terrible as it sounds?

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Kento

I'm a young new hire for CN and I'm flying out to Winnipeg for training in just a couple days. I am quite happy about it considering CN's good pay, job security, pension, and benefits, but I've been hearing a lot about terrible management and poisonous work environments. Is this true? Or are these just the voices of disgruntled employees?

I'd like to hear some positive experiences as well. Feel free to share your stories.

Hey Kento,

I hope you have a better idea,.... applied for a labour job and had interview and medical, all went good, Now I can see on my status as " Pool Candidate".
So I am wondering when they are going to offer me a job or "not". And is medical is the last key step when you assume that now you are hired and the rest is the matter of time for any formal job offer, please advise for any further step I could take or just wait.

I will appreciate your response and wishing you success in your training.
Thank you.

Thank you.

Medical done at cn.

Hi there,

After interview, I was called for medical and doctor said every thing is ok and I can work for CN, they will be sending my reports to CN for further action.
Now my status online at CN website shows as "Candidate Pool", its been more than a month but I have not received any thing from CN.

Any one on this forum have idea whats going on, "Did they call me for medical because they wanted to offer me a job, subject to medical clearance"

Your feedback will be much appreciated.

Edmonton- Alberta
Thanks.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back