I'm Too Infactuated

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Scarbagjack

Oh folks, I share your pain.
My youngest, who is 19, had a stand up toe to toe...ahem...dissagreement with me over who wrote and originally performed "Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting".
Apparently it was Nickleback Eh?
Don't mis-understand me, I play Nickleback as Loud as my stereo (and wife) permit, but please!!! C'mon!!!

Please hand me my zimmer frame and I'll be on my way...

njurgensen

Railfanning Meteorologist
I'm 21 and can say that I would take old classic rock over present day pop and/or rap any given day. I am a big fan of the likes of Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Def Leppard, Boston, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, etc... I also love Electric Light Orchestra! I also like a few of the newer groups as well, but I hold strong on the opinion that country + rap = crap. I'm the one and only out of my group of friends who listens to this genre of music.

NM_RailNut

Remember, all "pop" music is really "poop" music until proven otherwise; unfortunately, not too many of today's "artists" (which is not the term I'd use, but that kind of language isn't allowed here :D) are bothering to prove otherwise.

Heck, why should they, not when hundreds of thousands of people are willing to shell out money for "music" from people whose sole talents are the ability to - or get someone else to - mangl... er, sorry, remix someone else's previously recorded songs and get recording contracts with publishers that are greedy enough to distribute this kind of crap? Oh, there is some good music coming from some of the newer artists, but too much of it truly is crap and that is very much the fault of younger listeners who are willingly paying for and listening to it.:eek: "Pop culture", go figure...:rolleyes:

eja

I'll stay with the '70s thank you ...1770's that is - the real Classical ... Mozart, Haydn.

April

Reality escapee
Remember, all "pop" music is really "poop" music until proven otherwise; unfortunately, not too many of today's "artists" (which is not the term I'd use, but that kind of language isn't allowed here :D) are bothering to prove otherwise.

Heck, why should they, not when hundreds of thousands of people are willing to shell out money for "music" from people whose sole talents are the ability to - or get someone else to - mangl... er, sorry, remix someone else's previously recorded songs and get recording contracts with publishers that are greedy enough to distribute this kind of crap? Oh, there is some good music coming from some of the newer artists, but too much of it truly is crap and that is very much the fault of younger listeners who are willingly paying for and listening to it.:eek: "Pop culture", go figure...:rolleyes:
These sentiments were pretty much the norm when Elvis hit the scene...

;)

April

mikel

Steamaholic
It could be a lot worse. :D

*cover your ears*

AWWWWWWW GEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ, now I gotta go wash out my ears with some SRV (Stevie Ray Vaughn) and the chaser of the Allman Bro's - House is a Rockin' & Whipping Post should do the trick :D

Mike

shekky

F-55 P-55
ok, that's all well and good, but there ARE kids out there who know their stuff...one of the girls that did the 3AM-6AM shift before me on the now-defunct KUSF 90.3FM in san francisco constantly surprised me with her knowledge of older and obscure music...and she is only twenty years old.

but then again, dj zoe is a special case...

GRRR

OH, C'MON REF!!!!
It could be a lot worse. :D

*cover your ears*

Tidbit in the local paper today (The Austin American Statesman) said the parents of Rebecca Black pulled this video off Youtube after 160 million hits and a whole bunch of ridicule. Didn't know it was so popular that it would make the local paper. Good riddance!!!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)