I'm Too Infactuated

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

April

Reality escapee
I know the feeling. I was talking music with a 19 y.o. friend. She didn't have a clue who the Cure was.

:rolleyes:

April

GRRR

OH, C'MON REF!!!!
Had two brothers for helpers last year, one 19 and the other 21, who were born and raised in Austin, TX. They had no idea who Stevie Ray Vaughan was, even though they had seen his statue along the lake many times. They also had no clue about Led Zepplin, Muddy Waters, Willie Nelson, or practically anything with a guitar solo. The only music they knew or were interested in was rap, and nothing but rap. I guess it's a sign of the times....

Last edited by a moderator:

Midsouth fan

Engr/'duc/brkmn/DS
The 90's were a long time ago.
:eek: SHHHHH!!!!!! Don't say that! I'm still back in the 80s! :D

They had no idea who Stevie Ray Vaughn was, even though they had seen his statue by the lake many times.
I wanted to cry when I read this! As I type this, I'm listening to the CD "Martin Scorse [sp?] Presents The Blues--Stevie Ray Vaughn". Absolutely one of the best CDs I own! :cool:

My 12 year old has a better idea about 60s-80s rock because that's all I play in my car. But I can say that he has given me a bit of a taste (nasty in my opinion :p ) of "today's" music. Because of this, however, I found out that the Beastie Boys have a new release; and VH1 has been playing the video to it. I have always liked the Beastie Boys, and was shocked they were still around. :cool:

I have a varied taste in music...rock, blues, clean rap, rock/rap mix (Kid Rock, Run DMC)...I hope my child will too as he gets older.

gp80mac

Remarkably Snide
I know the feeling. I was talking music with a 19 y.o. friend. She didn't have a clue who the Cure was.

:rolleyes:

April
...I have no idea who the Cure is. The name sounds almost vaguely familiar, so maybe I'd recognize one or two of their songs.

I listen to just about everything, from classical to rap, folk to metal, but I am more interested in individual songs than groups.

Midsouth fan

Engr/'duc/brkmn/DS
^^^^:eek::eek: MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!!!!!!!!!

My son says he knows this song...and sorta likes it....PLEASE PASS THE EAR-BLEACH!! :mad:

GRRR

OH, C'MON REF!!!!
That video was so inspiring, makes me want to take a stab at it....

Lyrics: "I have a dog named Pete / He isn't very sweet / He has the mange / He has some pains / Has too much crud on his feet / Pete Pete Pete Pete / Pete Pete Pete Pete / Pete Pete Pete Pete...."

And now for the music - thump, clap, thump, clap, thump, clap, synthesizer whine, (repeat)....

A star is born!!! ......:eek:;)

Last edited by a moderator:

funnelfan

That's nothing, consider all the young railfans who have no recollections of SP, BN or ATSF as separate independent railroads. A 20 year old was only 5 when UP took over the SP. How about that for making you feel old.

bnsf971

Roadmaster
That's nothing, consider all the young railfans who have no recollections of SP, BN or ATSF as separate independent railroads. A 20 year old was only 5 when UP took over the SP. How about that for making you feel old.
And for them, EMD locomotives have always been built in Canada...

Pat

Photo Critiques Welcome
What makes my head hurt is people actually think infactuation is a real word. The "urban dictionary" says:

"infactuation means when u think that u like/love someone but u really don't.
i can't believe that shawn had only an infactuation for me!!!"

Youngwarrior

Youngwarrior
I must be really old. I remember the BN predecessor roads and E7s and E9s hauling the UP passenger trains.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)