HELP NEEDED! South American Rail Tour from 1996 Info

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

RRShutterbug

The Railroad Shutterbug
Hello,

I have been away from the forum for a few years and its good to be back! I recently purchased a slide collection from the estate of a fellow who made several trips to Central & South America in the late 90's and early 2000's. Some of the slide boxes have info sheets that tell where the slides were shot, some don't.

What I'm specifically looking for is info on a "Best of South America Railroad Tour" that took place from October 13 to November 16, 1996. Is there anyone on the forums that either went on that tour trip or knows anyone who did? If so, I'd love to talk with you about parts of the trip so I can fill in the blanks for where some of the slides were taken. Heck, there are people in several of the slides and there may be one or more with you in them.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

Cheers,

Brian S.
Portland, OR

You can email me at hyrail5 at hotmail dot com or contact me here.

PS - Here are some samples of the photos in the collection...

IMG_20170620_0012.jpg IMG_20170620_0013.jpg IMG_20170801_0001.jpg IMG_20170620_0008.jpg

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back