hello! (traine conductor soon?)

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

johnny jr.

hello guys/gals
new to the forum. I just got my call this past Tuesday morning. to report for conductor training in St. Paul, Mn.. To work with CP-Rails :) and I live in Detroit for right now. Once i complete training? Huron, S.Dakota for my home station. What should I expect in class, is it hard? The down side is they want me there Dec. 15 :( that means no X-mass with my son or wife(not his mom) :eek:
I'am use to working in machine shops and steel processing plant. But i have worked on train cars loading steel coils and tubes using cranes. sometimes using a switcher to change the flat-cars i loaded with those waiting to be loaded.
what can a newbie expect to make his first year ?
Detroit has a CP yard will it be possable to transfer to it after some time in?
No! my wife will not go with me shes pissed i am leaving. If she don't leave me :rolleyes: she wanted to know if transfer was even possible back later.
Any info on what to expect would be great?? Thank you.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)