Hello...need help please

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

philandteena

Hi!

My name is Teena and my fiance Phil bought what looks like an old railroad baggage cart. We wondering if we put a picture of it up anyone could tell us what it is and what its worth.

Thanks!!

philandteena

Oh thank you!! I have been searching for hours with no luck and ran across this forum. Should I post the picture here or is there a specific thread for that?

philandteena

Ok....so I am at work and have been trying all day to get these pics uploaded but unfortunately I dont have "permission" to do so. I Will include a similar picture I found on the internet. We were told it is a railroad baggage cart from the mid to late nineteenth century. It is a flat wooden "wagon" type thing with 4 large spoked wheels and a handle similar to a wagons. The wheels and handle are metal...maybe iron? One wheel has "Clark 1012" written on it. We are going to have it appraised today but I was hoping to get some additional information before we went. Thanks to any help anyone can offer with my limited information.

philandteena

Thanks Cliffs....well we had an antique appraiser look at it and he said it isnt a baggage cart. He said it is a very heavy duty factory cart. It was constructed to hold hundreds of pounds. The steel wheels have cement on them that probably helped it keep traction. I am now wondering if "Clark 1012" on the wheel is significant. I guess I will never know. Its a very cool looking cart.

mrmoose

"Clark" is a notable forklift manufacturer, and this may have been pre-forklift days built. Try lookin' up company records or history to see what they built before forklifts were in vogue. Just a reach, but ya' never know.:rolleyes:

philandteena

Thanks mrmoose. I think that it was made by Clark Equipment Company...if not the whole cart at least the wheel. The cart as a whole and the wheel alone were definitely in the product line. Thanks again for your input!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)