Hello from Germany

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Trans-Karoo

Hello,
I'm from Germany and my name is Andreas. I work for the Deutsche Bahn in a signal box.
I found your forum some days ago and I find it interesting because I like the American trains.
In 1998 I was with some other railway enthusiasts in America and we visited some railways
between Chicago and Denver.
Our group travelled with the California Zephyr and we also visited the Durango & Silverton,
Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad and the Santa Fe Railroad from Santa Fe to Lamy. Funny place.

We also have been in Silverplume at the Silverplume Railroad and some other railroad relevant places
in Colorado and New Mexico.

Otherwise I've been some times in South Africa because I also like the railway in South Africa.

Hope to find some interesting reports here in the forum.

Welcome to the RRF forums !!
I like seeing European participation in this very mice forum !! Thank you for reaching out to the opposite side of the "Pond" and finding us !!
I am from the SF Bay Area in California.
---- Daniel

Trans-Karoo

Also thank you for your welcome words.

I still try out were to post pictures of an American loco, taken in Germany while the Innotrans 2010 (a biennial railway exhibition).
To name the loco, it is the ALP-45DP made by Bombardier. If there are interest in the pictures, maybe someone can give me a hint.

David914

Guten tag! Your adventures on the railroads here sound like a great deal of fun. Funny thing about the Former AT&SF. It never went to Santa Fe with a passenger train; the one that does go there now I believe is a Scenic railroad train. Anyone feel free to set me straight on this if I am wrong.

Pilawt

Welcome, Andreas! Where in Germany are you?

I recently returned from a trip to Oberbayern, where I had the pleasure of riding on some wonderful trains:

SAM_0630.jpg

SAM_0633.jpg

SAM_0765.jpg

SAM_0767.jpg

We would be interested to learn more about German railroads here. We look forward to your posts.

Trans-Karoo

Hello David914 and Pilawt

Thank you also for your welcome posts. Unfortunately I wasn't here in the forum for a long time.
I hope that I'll find some more time in the future to visit this forum.
I'm sorry but I was too busy in the last months to have a look here.

I live in Lower Saxony now. My origin is Schleswig-Holstein.

Yes I enjoyed traveling on American trains. I'm still impressed of the long
freight trains with all the locos in front, in the middle and at the end of the trains.

The pictures you Pilawt put in this thread remembers me of my last trip to Munich and surrounding
last month.
Luckily the weather was fine when I was there.

Trans-Karoo

Thank you and also greetings from Germany.

Here are some pictures from trains I saw where I lived until 2011. It's only an excerpt.

2009_IMG_0506 DE2700 - 01 with a train to Westerland near Meldorf - 2009-04-25.jpg

DE 2700 - 01 with a train to Westerland near Meldorf. 25.04.2009

2009_IMG_0856 DE2700 - 01 passes the station of Meldorf - 2009-05-16.jpg

DE 2700 - 02 passes the station of Meldorf without stop. Seen from the signal box. 16.05.2009

and what kind of trains I see now where I live now:

2011_IMG_1945 155 108-4 mit einem Gz - Lingen 2011-07-29.jpg

155 108-4 with a freight train - Lingen 2011-07-29

IMG_1994.jpg

111 144-2 with a passenger train to Münster - Lingen 2011-07-30

I hope that gives you an impression of the trains here.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)