Hello from Cincinnati!

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

BryanEW710

Just stumbled on this forum and thought I'd stick around :)

I came to trains by way of my father, who collects mostly Lionel. I grew up using the term "train room" to identify the one large bedroom in our house that was taken up floor to ceiling to house his collection. Additionally, one half of our basement was taken up by the skeletal remains of a large layout he'd built years before I was born. I went to auctions, meets (lots of good memories of the meet at York, PA and getting to see CarRail, the relocated Madison Hardware, and the Lionel factory during the Kughn era). I have seen the following video on VHS more times than I've probably said my own name in my lifetime:

Anyway, now that I have little ones of my own, I've found myself passing on the hobby. Between my father and my father-in-law and I, we built an elevated railway in my son's room:

DSC_0005 by Bryan Wyatt, on Flickr

Fun fact: that set is the same set my father took out of his collection for my brothers and I to play with as kids.

Now that he's a couple years older, we go driving around town looking for rail crossings. Thankfully, Hamilton, OH sits on two relatively active lines, so we are seldom disappointed:

22645674977_7aaf346bcc_z.jpg11-14-15_0012 by Bryan Wyatt, on Flickr
20417196196_a96963ba82_z.jpg0809152003 by Bryan Wyatt, on Flickr
19820853604_543dbacf9e_z.jpg0809151939 by Bryan Wyatt, on Flickr

Anyway, just wanted to say "hello" :)

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

I see you're a model railroad fan, you'll want to check out our sister forum over at http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/content.php

The two forums share the same software, so you'll be familiar with it. You'll need to sign up there as well, the software doesn't do shared member databases very well, so they're independent of one another. But you're welcome to use the same user name assuming it's available.

Have a look around and I hope you enjoy the forum.

Thank you for the welcome. I get plenty of model railroad info from my father, so I wanted to hang around here for full-scale news and information :)

You're certainly welcome to hang out here! We have a lot of members who frequent both forums.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back