Hello everyone!

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

ThatsMrGimp2U

Im currently in Oregon Ohio, right by Toledo. Ive been applying for conductor positions over the last few weeks. Basically im here just to get as much info as i can. I had a fellow automotive enthusiast tell me its not a good idea to express interest in cars in an application, so im here to find out why ;)

Spare time is filled with SCCA events and hobby level photography. I probably wont post up too much but ill be doing a lot of digging trying to learn as much as I can. Look forward to chatting with all of you.

cotton_belt

Johnny Lunchmeat
Don't know why he would say don't mention cars on the application. Don't mention liking trains or being a railfan. They will look at it as you are someone looking for a hobby and not a career. Also, that will give them the impression that you won't work safely. If you are a railfan, don't mention it. Safety is the key word that they look for. Sell yourself as the safest person on the planet. Thats the best advice I can give you, and welcome to the board.

ThatsMrGimp2U

Thanks. I worked on the safety committee for SeaRay for two years. Safety is pretty beat into my skull, sad to say its the only trait i can relate in previous work experience. I would ALMOST argue that safety was a larger concern at SeaRay, thats the only way they were able to keep unionization away. But thats just speculation.

Nope not a railfan. Just used to working whack hours and im tired of the retail life. Best times ive had have been traveling for training. Im a banker now and can't help but notice that the rail companies seem to do a great job taking care of their retirees and families.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)