Great Northern RR Thru Nighthawk Washington

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Glenda

Hello everyone , I am new here , just found this site , and was very impressed with it , I was wondering if anyone can tell me what year the tracks were put in place that went thru Nighthawk Washington. I am a local in the area there.
I see the Tunnel that ran underneath the Mountain on the River , it actually appears to be open and you could walk thru it. I can see the Tracks are gone and all that's left is the old route it took.
I'm sure there is a lot of amazing history that I would really enjoy learning if any of you Rail Road Fans could help me.
Was there a Spur line that went to Molson Washington ?
I've had a Love for Old Trains ever since I was a Kid.

Thankyou for any information you guy's can provide.

Glenda

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a 1910 map of your area:

NighthawkWA-GN1910.jpg

and a 1928 map:

NighthawkWA-GtNor1928.jpg

Bruce

Thankyou for the Great Maps.
Can you tell me what Year the Tracks were put in place ? Has to be early 1900's.
I find all of this so Interesting. Glad you guy's have so much information to talk about.

Excellent Information, Thankyou.

I've seen the Station in Oroville , well preserved and looks nice.

When the Train left Oroville and Headed up to Molson , that is a really steep grade.
I drive the Oroville-Chesaw road all the time.

It would be nice to see the old track line from Night Hawk to Oroville be turned into a Rails to Trails route. I'm very impressed with that Tunnel thru the mountain.

Thanks Guy's for all your Help
Glenda

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back