GorgeRail 2013

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

pmpete

Got RAW?
We had our best attended show since the restart!
Truly amazing programs in the lovely Discovery Center Murdock theatre. Had great lunch option at the Basalt Rock Cafe.
I was able to grab a few shots Friday before set up and one after the show and before dinner on Saturday.
GR13%203-XL.jpg

Weyeth
GR13%208-XL.jpg

Mosier
GR13%2012-XL.jpg

MP 99 Deschutes River.
GR13%2015-XL.jpg

Biggs
GR13%2021-XL.jpg

Pritchard
GR13%2024-XL.jpg

Arlington
GR13%2030-XL.jpg

Dalles Dam
Many others got great shots too. Please share here besides on FB.
Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

Pat

Photo Critiques Welcome
Nice stuff, but the string of yellow cars behind the power in the last shot is cool.

pmpete

Got RAW?
All but the last one were with my Sigma SD14 and 18-200DCOS. The last one was with my Nikon D90 and 35mm DX.
Thanks!

n.p.-dad

Gorgerail 2013 went exceptionally well this year... great shows and great people... I had a great time... I love that it is in The Dalles, Oregon, in the heart of the Columbia river gorge... here are a few of my pics from the day...

First picture ... West Bound near Crates Oregon, Just west of The Dalles, Oregon
Second Picture...Westbound at the Dalles
Third...West bound BNSF officers Special at North Dalles, Washington...This was the very first BNSF officers special I have ever seen let alone photograph... I was pretty happy about this one showing up...

BNSFEng

Locomotive Engineer!!!
Gorgerail 2013 went exceptionally well this year... great shows and great people... I had a great time... I love that it is in The Dalles, Oregon, in the heart of the Columbia river gorge... here are a few of my pics from the day...

First picture ... West Bound near Crates Oregon, Just west of The Dalles, Oregon
Second Picture...Westbound at the Dalles
Third...West bound BNSF officers Special at North Dalles, Washington...This was the very first BNSF officers special I have ever seen let alone photograph... I was pretty happy about this one showing up...
There is a BNSF VP checking out the area for all of the necessary work which will commence very soon due to all of the expected oil trains we're getting. Siding extentions, double tracking, improved signals and track all being fast tracked and engineered to be built this and the next couple of years. The oil beat the coal out of the gate...

mrbbq

MASCORAILBUFF----Cant decide which I enjoyed more, slides or the music. LOVED that you choose Steven Stills and Season of the Witch from Super Session! That is easily one of the best lps/cds ever. Also loved the Canned Heat open. Great show. Hope to get to Gorgerail 2014! Thanks for sharing!

pmpete

Got RAW?
Thanks everyone for sharing, turnout was good and we have set the date for next year on 17 May 2014.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)