GN Caboose X234 in Seattle

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

RacerTodd

I was driving up Airport Way in south Seattle this morning at about 8am. There was a short local job sitting on the main waiting at a signal.

I saw a bright red caboose on the rear. Turned out to be a freshly painted caboose in GN livery! I pulled into a parking lot and grabbed a couple of shots.

I did some Googling to see if I could find out any info on this caboose. I found this post on another railroad forum:
"I talked with a guy I know that is an engineer based out of Balmer and he told me the following info on this. The caboose had gone in for some work and was going to be repainted as part of the shop process. Well apparently some people (he did not say who specifically or what they do for the RR) talked the paint shop foreman into painting this into GN colors. Apparently the sad part of this is this caboose is assigned to the Shoreline run, and more than likely wont see the public eye that often as that train runs at night."

Not sure which job was using this caboose. I've seen both Crew 2 and Crew 9 in the south end with cabooses. Could have been one of those jobs, don't know.

Sure is a pleasant change from the ratty-looking Cascade Green cabeese in the area...

Todd

Ballard Beaver

ballard beaver
it was in the champ tracks late friday night when i went past there. i suspect it will be working with Job 303. they might be M-F only. they work graveyard but if you get out there in the morning you should still be able to find them. i think they use channel 41 but it might vary. they switch the track near the foundry i believe, and the little grain distro place next to northwest container.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)