Gibbon, NE 7/27/13

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

NETrain8444

A few shots from my visit to Gibbon Nebraska on the triple track.

The signals and 3 tracks:
102_0479.jpg

MP 176 sign:
102_0482.jpg

Westbound auto racks:
102_0485.jpg

Interesting graffiti:
102_0487.jpg

NETrain8444

Thanks! I saw 10 trains in 1 hour and 15 minutes, the action was literally nonstop. Definitely a great location to sit back and enjoy the never-ending parade. :cool:

Bill Anderson

Are all three of the tracks in the first photo mainline tracks? I once read that UP was spacing the tracks very far apart on double and triple track mainlines to ease maintenance operations.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)