Fremont, NE Labor day 2014

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CGW101c

CGW Fan
Finally got out for a bit last week. And then finally got to the computer to get some photos ready for the Forum. I took a trip from Council Bluffs to Fremont via Blair because there was some flooding around Missouri Valley. Saw a couple of trains and a hot air balloon. But the weather was great and it was beautiful drive and that was what I needed. These 4 are from the BNSF in Fremont. Notable is that the caboose still says "Wymore Local". Wymore was a CB&Q branch in southeastern Nebraska that has been gone for maybe 20 years? Why paint when don't really need to.

BNSF2342_Fremont_090114.jpg

BNSF2828_090114.jpg

Reflections of Fremont_090114.jpg

Wymore_Hack_090114.jpg

Balloon and a GP 28

And this 1533 is a GP28-2. I know there were not very many GP28's produced. Any body know the parentage of this one? If I remember right the MP had 2. The 2000 and the 2001

Balloon_090114.jpg

BNSF1533_090114.jpg

I just answered my own question. Apparently the GP-28M's were BN GP-9's rebuilt by Morris Knudsen. Who would have thought.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back