[FR] Tram+VAL Tour de France 4: Angers+Le Mans

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

kcp

Bonjour,

welcome the fourth installment of my Tour de France: Angers und Le Mans.

Angers

Currently, Angers has one line. But expansion of the network is under way

t_ext_reseautuj9o.jpg

The trams are white with colourful stripes. After leaving stop "Gares" this tram heads downtown.

t_garelaki8.jpg

A got this one jst in time before it "hid" behind the pole

t_gare2bik4h.jpg

Pictures from the vicinity of stop "Verbeau". The tracks on the right lead to the depot.

t_depotzejm7.jpg

t_depot3y9jln.jpg

My favourite picture from Angers: Colourful tram under blue skies with some green and brown.

t_depot2y0j88.jpg

I cannot resist trams on bridges ;-).

t_pont0njy1.jpg

t_pont2k4kaz.jpg

Angers is another city that uses APS in the city centre. Additionally, trams have to single track between "Molière" and "Ralliement" stops

t_une_voie44jab.jpg

A view from afar on a tram approaching "Molière"

t_une_voie2phkkm.jpg

The cathedral St Maurice reside upon the hill

chatajkpx.jpg

Nice mix of old stones and modern, see-through roof: The "Galerie David d'Angers"

galerieu5k7o.jpg

A real eye-catcher: The Theatre

theatrerhjku.jpg

The sightseeing highlight in Anger: The Chateau. I went there a few years back, when I visited friends in Nantes. It houses a giant tapestry about the Apocalypse. This tapestry is worth a visit. So, when you are in Angers: Go and check it out.

chateaudzk28.jpg

In the mood for some relaxaing with plants and water? Try "Jardin de Mail" gardens near the town hall.

fontaine7hj5q.jpg

As I knew Angers quite a bit from a former visit, I only went there for the tram. Later that day I hopped on a train to go to Le Mans.

Le Mans

Le Mans has two tram lines. For me, the paint job ranges somewhere between copper and rusty red. But with some green background, this looks pretty good (pictures taken near stop "St Martin").

t_st_martin13sng.jpg

t_st_martin2vbsrj.jpg

t_st_martin30wsm0.jpg

Just two words: Tram and bridge. In the foreground the remains of a former stone bridge.

t_pont3ds4u.jpg

Pretty steep decent from stop "Republique" for line T1

t_downkks19.jpg

or uphill climb from "Eperon Cité"

t_derrierex7s3g.jpg

This stop is close to the old town, which has a quite a hughe number of little passage ways and narrow streets. Additionally, houses of different types of architecture. Strolling around there, it a lot fun. The best way for orientation: Look out for the cathedral.

cathzisl2.jpg

Getting closer look

cath2s2s30.jpg

Inside, several awesome stain glass windows. I really took a liking to these little devils

cath_teifelb9szb.jpg

The tram stop "Jacobin" of line T2 is close to the cathedral. This tram has just left the stop and heads towards the railway station.

t_jacobinkfs3i.jpg

The roof above the platforms of Le Mans station reminded me of tents

garez7smt.jpg

From Le Mans I went back to my hotel in Tours and headed further south the next day

Salut
Charly

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back