[FR] Tram+VAL Tour de France 3: Tours+Orléans

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

kcp

Bonjour,

the next stop of the tour was Tours (no pun intended ;-)). It's ideally located for several trips to neihbouring cities. Let's start with pictures taken in Tours and Orléans

Tours

Tours has one tram line. The design is quite unique and offers a contrast to usually round design used in new frensh tram networks. I liked the design: These angled, silver-grey trains have special vibe.

t_anatoleatj0y.jpg

Silver tram and blue sky, thats all I need.

t_anatole2t5jgb.jpg

At dusk I started to recignize, how bright the lighting of trams was

t_garefkk4z.jpg

In the city centre the tram uses APS to avoid overhead wiring.

t_pietonneohjhu.jpg

Near station "Anatole France" a bridge spans across the Loire. This was my favourite spot for taking pictures

t_pont3rnsud.jpg

t_pontyfs79.jpg

t_pont4rmslx.jpg

I guess everybody who travels to Tours for tram watchting, takes this pictures: A view from "Anatole France" across the bridge to the other side, where the tram climbs up a steep hill (and the flags give it a nice touch too).

t_pont2ubsxr.jpg

Or do you prefer trams in the greens? No problem, Tours has this as well

t_verte1t0skq.jpg

t_verte2o0see.jpg

The interieur seem to be a lot more fancy than usual

t_int1oyjci.jpg

t_int2egkqg.jpg

The "Cockpit"

t_cabhikrn.jpg

The stripes on the floor of the station from a quite different perspective. These stripes do lead to the trams door

t_leitstreifenackvh.jpg

Tours railway station at dusk

gareoakvj.jpg

The no-frill version to indicate where the different coaches will stop along the platform.

gare_compositionpijnt.jpg

On the wall, there were mosaics of different cities. The SNCF is looking for patrons who will help financing the restauration of the mosaics. So if you have money to spare...

gare_mosaic34kux.jpg

St Martin Basilica

bas_st_martintyjhw.jpg

The artwork at the tower of the former Collegiate St Martin pays tribute to bishop Martins good deed

st_martincok39.jpg

In St Gatien Cathedral a whole window is dedicated to his life

cath_st_martin_vitredgjul.jpg

Just one word: Wow.

cath_rosetteefk2w.jpg

And shot of the cathedral facade

cathgvkel.jpg

As most medium sized French city has a cathedral, I was tempted to call the report series "Trams and Cathedrales". As I cannot pass by a cathedral without dropping in, I collected huge amounts of church and especially stain glass window pictures during this trip (luckily the memory card in my camera was huge enough to deal with it ;-)).

Orléans

Orléans has two tram lines. They intersect at "De Gaulle" station. Line A uses overhead wires

t_de_gaulleoyjp2.jpg

whereas line B runs using APS

t_de_gaulle3n5klo.jpg

t_de_gaulle20aku1.jpg

The interior design, is more or less business as usual

t_intn9k4e.jpg

Tram of line B in front of the cathedral

t_cath7xjw0.jpg

The cathedral in all its glory

cath05kk9.jpg

On the inside, a windows is dedicated to this special, young woman (who got pretty hot feet later on). Mind a guess?

cath_jeannelqkmv.jpg

Loire, Bridge, Tram

t_pontpxjol.jpg

Or do you prefer Loire, Bridge, Tram and Cathedral?

t_pont2d2kg7.jpg

Or just Loire and Cathedral?

cath_loire6ykvl.jpg

A nice piece of modern architecture: The station of Orléans.

gare_facadeldk73.jpg

gare_intt7jvh.jpg

The bridge "Pont l'Europe"

pont_europey8jsp.jpg

And finally, chow time in the butterfly house of the "Parc Floral de la Source"

parc_pappillion9gj82.jpg

This concludes part three of my little Tour de France.

Salut
Charly

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back