finnyus on Flickr

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

At approximately 3pm on Wednesday, 19 Dec 2013 a freak storm hit Cork City and the surrounds with extremely strong winds and rain. A few seconds after the 3pm Cork - Cobh departed platform 2 at Cork Kent, the winds ripped the platform canopy off, with debris landing in the car park and out on the main road. Debris also hit a 2600 class DMU in platform 3, and another unit in the old carriage siding. A loco in one of the engine roads also got it. From other reports, the signal cabin got damaged as well. Thankfully no one was killed.

Here are a few pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finnyus/

Why was the Glensk Viaduct abandoned? Is it a walking path now or just a relic? I really like the pic of the 3 guys in front of the 073, it gives you a sense of anticipation Thanks for sharing. Tom Z

Very nice pictures from Irealand! My favourite photo is "Cork | Dublin Hill" i really love trains in the city landscape;)

Regards from Poland!

Morning all,

I've uploaded a few updates to my Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finnyus/

Includes:
- Shannonvale Mill on the Cork, Bandon & South Coast Railway (taken by my brother)
- Kilcummer Viaduct near Fermoy on the Mallow to Waterford Line (taken by my brother)
- San Francisco Municipal Railway (SF Muni) modes of transport taken in April 2013
- Stuttgart Main Station in January 2014
- Cork Area photos in January 2014

http://www.flickr.com/photos/finnyus/

Enjoy,
Finbarr.

PS: thanks tonic!

Morning all,

some photos taken at the Spring Steam Gala 2014 on the Severn Valley Railway on Saturday, 22 March:

GWR 4900 Class #4930 "Hagley Hall" near Hampton Loade:
13389564013_88031184dc_n.jpg

GWR 7800 Class #7812 "Erlestoke Manor" with a goods train near Hampton Loade:
13389782904_5f962334af_n.jpg

GWR 4500 Class #4566 arriving into Bridgnorth:
13389405315_e05c1e90ab_n.jpg

Victoria Bridge:
13389763214_c70a7a8fed_n.jpg

Autotrain departing Bridgnorth:
13389551543_de424fed40_n.jpg

Finbarr.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back