Eastern Nebraska Last week

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Zoohogger

Whistle Pig
Hot week last week. CGW10c and I decided to head for Louisville, Ashland and beyond to see what was happening. We got out of the car at Louisville to photograph an NS freight and all the lens' fogged right away. I guess we will drive with the windows down for a while. We went to Ashland and the NS train was waiting for us there.
One eastbound coal surprised me and I got a bad photo of the DPU. Then it was the 7576's turn to go. 1st 3 photos are at east wye Ashland.

Booked it down hwy 6 to see if anything else was coming, nope. Lincoln had some power sitting around. #4 is ex ATSF 2857 at Lincoln.

Attachments

• 1 NS 7576.jpg
    1 NS 7576.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 2 NS 7576 signal.jpg
    2 NS 7576 signal.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 176
  • 3 NS 8877.jpg
    3 NS 8877.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 4 atsf 2857.jpg
    4 atsf 2857.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 175
Eastern Nebraska last week Part 2.

Part 2
5. Some power at the Lincoln shops
6. Taken from under the 27th street bridge. This should have been #8
7. Lincoln Roundhouse
8. Along side BN 2809 on the parallel road that I don't know the name of.

I tried some pacing shots from the passenger side of the car. Light was all wrong. There were 2 ATSF engines at 56th street, all on the wrong side. Stopped for Ice Cream, turned on the A/C and went home.

Ahhhh! The order got screwed up again. OK, I must go out more often. I am out of practice.

Attachments

• 5 Lincoln overview.jpg
    5 Lincoln overview.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 6 Lincoln RndHouse.jpg
    6 Lincoln RndHouse.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 7 Pacing 2809.jpg
    7 Pacing 2809.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 8 2809 at 27th.jpg
    8 2809 at 27th.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 181
You are correct Bill! In fact I will talk to my employer in the morning and tell him that I don't have enough time off. And then I will hire someone to tell my wife that I need more railfan time. I'll let you know how that goes.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back