DWF Sunshine

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

pmpete

Got RAW?
Had to teach a class for a couple of weeks in the Metroplex for my company. Was teaching at night this past week and was able to enjoy the recent wave of sunshine and warm temps last Thursday. The tour was heavy on the FW side.
First up! Had to check out "Jerry's World" to see the preps for the big event next Sunday.
1172190076_odKrH-L.jpg

1587747009047.png

Trinity Rail Express Train backs around the wye into the station lead for downtown Fort Worth.

Nothing was moving at Tower 55 so I decided to swing by Davidson(Centennial) Yard to see what action was there. Getting there was a challenge due to serious road construction on the east side of the yard. Here string of new switchers rolled back into the yard.
1172190707_ZZVEC-XL.jpg

Back at T55 things were about to get busy (finally) as a WB stack train waited.
1172191113_8SDA4-XL.jpg

First a southbound extremely long string of hopper cars, some very rusty headed south. I suspect they were empty salt cars being expedited to meet the extreme need for battling the record snows up north.
1172191694_anYEb-XL.jpg

Next up the Texas Eagle? Locals help me here since I am not sure how to tell it from the Heartland Flyer.
1172192238_dib9H-XL.jpg

Finally the WB stacker gets to roll across the diamond.
1172192365_43NiX-XL.jpg

Followed shortly thereafter by these two sharp GP38s with a short string of reefers.
1172192788_xzRg8-XL.jpg

Before the local crosses the diamond a BNSF coal train blasts across the diamond heading south with his load.
1172193148_6fdci-XL.jpg

While all this action cleared another WB UP stacker approached to make his crossing. Really love the flag flying at the crossing.
1172193328_cSREJ-XL.jpg

A quintet of gensets heads east with long string of manifest transfers.
1172193649_nA3aH-XL.jpg

Headed north to enjoy the end of sunlight at Saginaw, sadly its not the hot spot that is used to by as other have warned me. Mostly due to the demise of the BNSF yard on the southwest approach of the interlocking.
1172193906_Tq49X-XL.jpg

Here was the only action a hopper train heading east.
Anyway it was great getting out in the Sun, it was 73 degrees with a strong breeze. All were taken with my traveling companion SD14 with a 18-200DCOS.
Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

April

Reality escapee
Concerning the Amtrak train you encountered it appears to be the Heartland Flyer (Fort Worth to Oklahoma City). It usually runs with one locomotive, three coaches (no baggage car) and most likely a NPCU (Non-Powered Cab Unit) on the other end. That facilitates the push/pull nature of the train.

Hope that helps.

:)

April

Last edited by a moderator:

setxrailfan

John 3:16
If it was taken near Arizona or Broadway streets is was the Texas Eagle. From your angle it looks like Arizona St. is in the background. The Heartland Flyer doesn't operate south of Tower 55.

pmpete

Got RAW?
Thanks, I kind of figured the Amtrak was the TX Eagle. I was just doubting since it stayed at the station so long. Figured it would be a quick stop and off to Dallas.
Pete

B_Kosanda

Outstanding In My Field
Seeing Tower 55 reminded me how I had pre-ordered a Tower 55 HO locomotive before they went tango-uniform.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)