Dumping Radio Shack Scanner For Uniden Product

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

mrbbq

For years, I've used RS scanners for catching all the action at home and on the road. Have not been happy with some of the newer RS scanners I purchased. One I purchased turned out to be used and did not work at all. Of course, I discovered this after the allowable return date. I didnt want a complicated scanner or one that could only be configured using computer software.
I settled on a UNIDEN BC25AT. And I have to say, this is a FABULOUS scanner. It's easy to program (watched some YouTube videos to get a feel for it) and then also purchased computer software for $35. For less than $200, I got a great little scanner. The audio is rock solid, crystal clear. It appears to be more sensitive in picking up freqs. than the RS models I have. AND...it appears to be computer interference proof as well.

This unit also allows text tagging of each channel, delay settings from -10 to 5 seconds, lock-out, backlit key pad. A good number of features for the price. If you're looking for a good scanner, reasonably priced, I would say the UNIDEN BC25AT is the way to go. I use a Larson RR tuned rubber ducky annt. and also a Railcom mobile magnetic annt. for on the road listening.

I've been looking for a Scanner to pick up Metrolink/Amtrak traffic here in Southern California. I'll give this one a shot.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back