Downtown Omaha, NE 12-28-2013

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Trainfanne54

Railfan Nebraska
First shots are from Gibson Yard. The BNSF Intermodal Facility.

1. BNSF Yard Job.
2. BNSF Power.
3. Brand New BNGX Cars.
4. NS Coil Car.

20131228_105520.jpg
20131228_105820.jpg
20131228_110302.jpg
20131228_110401.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

David914

Interesting shots, to be sure. My wife & I were on vacation in the last half of September 2013. Stayed overnight in a motel just outside the BNSF yards. Very enjoyable for a railfan.

Trainfanne54

Railfan Nebraska
Downtown Pics

5. UP Manifest heading East to Council Bluffs, Iowa.
6. Same.
7. New UP Railcars.
8. CN Transfer Job.

20131228_111452.jpg
20131228_111522.jpg
20131228_112113.jpg
20131228_112024.jpg

Trainfanne54

Railfan Nebraska
Last Shots

9. CN#5679.
10. UP Grain Train tied down at Rough Pass Siding. Engine's were still running. Taken 12-29-2013.

20131228_112058.jpg
20131229_103516.jpg

brad_in_omaha

We must have been down there about the same time. I caught the nice Green and Black BN locomotives and I saw the CN sitting on the river bridge. It took over two hours to get across CB. I saw it sitting on the Bridge at Noon and at 2pm I finally saw it rolling in to the CN Yard.

David914

Good looking photos! Have you had the chance to go to Omaha and see #6900? My wife & I saw it while traveling across on Interstate 80. She couldn't understand what I was so excited about at first. :confused: I am wondering if there is a way to get close to the locomotive.

Trainfanne54

Railfan Nebraska
Yeah I must have not seen you there. I was only there for 30 minutes. That CN transfer was sitting on the bridge for awile.

David914

My fault....we were in Lincoln Nebraska. But got quite an eyeful of BNSF & Uncle Pete trains while there. Back before the Earth's crust cooled (1975) I was visiting a steady girlfriend at that time. She lived in Princeton, Illinois. The Old Q went from Chicago to The Quad Cities, through Princeton. I took a few Kodachrome slides of BN trains 'on the fly'. I was in heaven! (Heady stuff for an 18 year old)

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)