Discovered; Joined Up

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

I am a retired CPA, age 73, who resides in Clarendon Hills, IL; my home is in sight of the BNSF Chicago Sub at Milepost 18.70.

However, after graduating from University of Illinois - Urbana/Champaign during June 1970, I was with the Milwaukee Road , where I held various non-Agreement (Management) positions, within the Accounting, Labor Relations, and Operations areas. I resigned from the MILW during 1981 and started a private accounting practice. I retired during August 2003.

Presently, my principal contact with the railroad industry is that of a security investor. My Amtrak travels are largely on Auto Train on which I have made twenty "voyages" to date.

I hope that my contributions to this site will be found to be informative, and will enhance a reader's knowledge of railroad industry affairs.

Thank you for allowing me to join.

GBN

Welcome to the Forum. We lived in Downers Grove untill 1957. Dad took the train to Cicero everyday. As kids we would ride with mom downtown. I can still hear the conductor anounce "Clarendon Hills!---- Hinsdale!" Dad says he remembers feeling the pull of the steam locomotive as the engineer tried for maximum acceleration from station to station. I always liked Chicago. TZ

Welcome aboard. I lived in Naperville and worked in the Loop from 1987-91. I rode Metra into the city a few times.

Your membership is timely, as another new member has asked a number of questions regarding the history and management of midwestern granger roads. With your background in accounting and railroad management, you can probably make significant contributions to the discussions. Check out the various threads in the Class I forum.

http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?18-Class-I

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back