D&SNGRR Trip

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

AustinPSD

I had the opportunity to ride the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad on our trip - this was the first steam train experience for me.

Overall, a fantastic ride. The equipment is in excellent condition, the crews are friendly, and the scenery is fantastic. I shot more than 1400 photographs that day, including the locomotives, rolling stock, right-of-way, MOW equipment, and scenic views. Here are a few, with more on Flickr for those interested. I highly recommend this for any railroad enthusiast - the D&SNGRR has been in continuous operation for 130 years!

7707958572_0b2fdb9e67_b.jpg
D&S NGR 481 at Durango Station by AustinPSD, on Flickr

7708166318_cf4ed8d3f9_b.jpg
D&S NGR 482 rounding the bend by AustinPSD, on Flickr

7708211964_9851dd313a_b.jpg
D&S NGR 482 venting steam by AustinPSD, on Flickr

7708225986_4f0460ecbe_b.jpg
One of five crossings on the Animas River by AustinPSD, on Flickr

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)