CSX Columbus Subdivision

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

EMDGP30

The ballast cleaner I am on finished working on BNSF at the end of August and is now working on CSX.

We are working north (railroad west) toward Fostoria. I was able to get a few pics today; I wasn't able to get to the sunny side on a couple pics.

This beauty is in Harpster, Ohio at a grain elevator; not sure if it is used.

20200918_102241.jpg

The CF&E diamond in Upper Sandusky, OH

20200918_165315.jpg

This was north of the CF&E diamond

20200918_165248.jpg

This critter was at another grain elevator

20200918_165019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because you couldn’t get to the sunny side doesn’t mean they are bad pictures. At some point they may be the only photos available, and a backlit picture is better than no picture.

Yesterday I was able to get some more pics in Marion, OH.

I doubt I will get a chance to check out the Marion Union Station so I copied the info from Wikipedia:

Marion Union Station is a former passenger railroad station at 532 W. Center Street in Marion, Ohio. As a union station it served several train lines: the Chesapeake and Ohio Railway, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railway or CCC & St. L. (acquired in 1906 by the New York Central Railroad), and Erie Railroad (and its successor Erie Lackawanna Railroad). These lines intersected at the station, so it was a significant transfer point between different geographic points. It was built in 1902 (opening on July 31),[3] it featured marble walls and patterned mosaic tiles on the floor. In 1923 it was the last stop on president Warren Harding's funeral train. It was a canteen stop for soldiers during World War II. It had its last long distance train in 1971 with the end of the Chesapeake & Ohio's connector line to the George Washington.[4]

Into the 1960s it was a stop for several long distance passenger trains on the following railroads:[5][6][7][8]

MICX SW1500 #9551 was built 3-1972 as PC 9551
MICX 45, a GE 44-ton was built 1/44 as USA 8538

20200924_093618.jpg
20200924_093429.jpg
20200924_091445.jpg
20200924_091422.jpg
20200924_091411.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back