CC&C #15 Visits Centralia, WA

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

funnelfan

The Cowlitz Chehalis & Cascade #15 was used to switch some stored railcars in Centralia and Chehalis this past Thursday. Tacoma rail called on the Centralia-Chehalis Railroad Association (CCRA) to switch the cars on relatively short notice and make them ready for pickup by the BNSF at Chehalis, WA. It will probably a while before the CC&C comes back to Centralia, so I'm happy to have captured these images. This ex-MILW, ex-Weyerhaeuser, Tacoma Rail line is largely used to store surplus railcars and the crossing gates have been deactivated, meaning the crew made up of both TR employees and CCRA volunteers had to flag crossings.

Bob

Forum Host
Staff member
Great photos, nicely done!

The first two cars belong to the CCRA, they leased them to the prime contractor on the Blakeslee Junction project. Glad they were able to get back up there and pick them up.

Depending on what happens with the line, this may be the last steam run over it ever, there's constant talk of removing part of the track in Centralia...

SDJeff

Texas Railfan
Thanks for sharing. I wonder what the local people on the road thought when they seen a steam engine switching freight cars.

Tacoma Tom

They certainly had the right engineer for the job. I can't remember his name but I know he used that very steam locomotive to switch cars in that town back when steam was in operation. Must have been quite the flashback.

funnelfan

I think several people took turns at the throttle. Really had a full crew, and many were qualified to run like Harold, Andy, Scott, Josh.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.