Canadian Pacific Business Train in OR/WA

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

RoadRailer

FP Engineer
The CP sent a shipper's special/business train down through the PNW from Eastport, ID to Portland, OR over the weekend.

The tentative schedule for the return trip Tuesday March 31:
Depart Portland Amtrak 0900 to Hinkle at 1300. UP 5543 was required on the point for cab signals on the Portland Sub.
Depart Hinkle 1500 to Trentwood 1900 up the Washy/Ayer Sub, hopefully without the added UP leader, as it wasn't required coming down Sunday.
The will run up the SI to Eastport on Wednesday.

I was able to catch the Southbound trip near Burbank, WA. The FP9 A/B/A set looked and sounded beautiful!

Attachments

• IMG_8013.jpg
    IMG_8013.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 380
Good photo. I love the classic red & gray CP scheme. Hopefully more people will take photos so we can see the entire train.

The UP decided to leave the GE on the front to power the train up the Washy Sub, however between Cold Springs and Juniper sidings, the crew stated they were on fire and were bailing out.
I ditched my spot at Port Kelley/Thrashers Curve to see what was happening but after an hour of not moving and the impeding clouds, I bailed myself.
Last I heard they were sending the Wallula switche south and also trying to shove the consist north to allow a SB manifest through.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 368
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 384
Last edited by a moderator:
I later found out the Special used the 4107 to shove the garbage north to Juniper, where the SB manifest ran through. The FP9s continued to push the train into Wallula and dropped off the dead UP 5543.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back