Brenham, Tx 3-29-2014

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

kenw

5th Generation Texian
Back to my favorite spot, a relaxing day with clear skies and temps in the mid 70s. First up is a SB Citirail (my 1st) leading a pseudo-Warbonnet with a string of tankers.
citirail.jpg

Next a few more southbounders, heading towards Houston/Galveston. All of these are taken from one of 2 overpasses between Brenham and Somerville, Tx.
citirail-2.jpg citirail-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A few others came thru; it isn't the busiest spot on Earth but the scenery is what I'm there for almost as much as the trains. This was the last one of the day, a NB with all standard cabs. While the 1st may be more appealing to railfans, in a few months its lack of air conditioning is going to make it something other than leader....but today it is just fine.
citirail-1.jpg

Yes, i like the higher vantage point. The cut adds a good framing element and the track:sun angles work quite well all day long. The 2nd bridge has very little car traffic so i literally plant a lawn chain on the bridge to wait!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back