BNSF/GN Switch Engines Get My Goat

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Hotrail

On 29 Jan 2015 I was photographing trains at TR Junction in Tacoma, WA. A south bound merchandise train roared passed me and through the Reservation interlocking. In the power was a switch engine labeled for the Great Northern Railroad. At the time, BNSF was in need of a block of locomotive numbers for some new units coming on line. To free up those numbers, the 3400 number series of switchers were reassigned to the GNRR. Even so, I could still see the BNSF swoosh under all that orange paint. I was hoping this unit would have Great Northern spelled out and a Rocky emblem on the side of the hood.

CC-29-EL.jpg

Having used Photoshop for many years, I decided it was time to do some creative layering. The result is shown below. Probably the switch engines will not belong to BNSF much longer, but it would great if BNSF did one or two of these engines like the following photo.

CC-29-ELa.jpg

Dan Simmering​

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back