BNSF Conductor trainee Richmomd CA

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

sbnik3

Hey everyone new to this forum. I actually have an interview for a conductor trainee position in Richmond CA and I had a couple questions about the job, and I was hoping someone could give me insight. Question 1) the pay says 99.66-164.20 a day, how does that work? Is it based off experience or when your on call and don't work vs when you do?
2) is the work out that way steady? I'm worried that when I get out that way I'm going get settled in and then they will tell me they need me somewhere else or I'll get bumped and I wont get paid. If anyone can gel me I would appreciate it.

The first few weeks are at the lowest rate, then the pay kicks up a bit for the next few weeks. After your brakeman test, the pay goes up again.

I have no idea what the work is like in California, but expect uncertainty for awhile. Is the position listed as Conductor Trainee - Primary Recall? If so, you can be recalled to your hiring location when the workload at the terminal requires the manpower. The recall term is usually five years. So, if you do have to leave town or even go out of state to continue working, be aware of the terms of the recall agreement if it exists.

Thanks. Yes it is a recall position, but I'm ok with that. And hopefully I'll be able to have somewhat steady work to take of my family and if there is anyone who works out of California do you know if the Richmond area is a busy one or if its one of the sought out areas by those with seniority?

I've just been invited to Dallas on April 9th and 10th for a management hiring session. I just accepted the invite and I waiting for the travel instructions.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back