BNSF Ashland to Lincoln and Back, Aug 3,2014

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CGW101c

CGW Fan
The BNSF was a giant WB parking lot today. The westbounds kept piling up and every once in while an eastbound would scoot along. A couple of 2 loco Grinstein green consists and a brand new GE. Lots of rain last night so everything is lush and green.

BNSF9756_080314_v1.jpg West of Waverly, Ne Waiting

BNSF8766_080314_v1.jpg Farther west of Waverly, Ne Waiting

BNSF9644_080314_v1.jpg EB @ Farther west of Waverly

BNSF9883_080314_v2.jpg EB DPU Farther west of Waverly

Went to Lincoln and paced one back to Ashland

BNSF5489_080314_v1.jpg Around Greenwood, Ne. Brother Rick took this one, I was driving. Not bad for the first time using my camera.

BNSF5489Ashland_080314.jpg Over old Hwy 63 Ashland, NE

Seems that line is getting backed up more frequently lately. One day a few weeks ago, I heard the Creston Sub DS telling crews that Hobson yard couldn't accept anymore traffic because e Ravenna wasn't accepting anything. One big SNAFU !!!

Suprising Papio because everyone is saying coal is on the decline, but at the same time, BNSF's main coal route is backed up. They are running more manifest, oil, & intermodal trains though. I am liking the new diversity it brings to the line.

Looks like a good trip Rick! Thanks for sharing.

Looks like everything is green and full. Those trees are really growing up around that underpass. Might be time to run a weed spray train down that line too.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back