Baltic states - videos

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Thanks. I was asking about the railway track. I could not tell if it was a third mainline track or a track that diverted to another destination. The roadbed and track looked too heavy for it to be just a light branch line.
The railway track on the left later separates to other side from these two nearest railway tracks. You can see when I turn the camera. It is a single track railway line to Belarus. This line is mostly used by Belaruskali (mineral fertiliser factory in Belarus). You already saw my videos with those green hopper cars - its Belaruskali. They transport their goods through Lithuania to the sea port of Klaipeda and further by bulk cargo vessels worldwide, even to US. Belaruskali is one of the biggest exporters of mineral fertilisers globally, they control about 30% market in the world. Arround 30000 tons of mineral fertilisers are being transported by railways each day.

These nearest railway tracks are all the way double-track, main line connecting Lithuania with Belarus too.

Thanks for the info on Belaruskali. It sounds as though there should be lots of trains for you to photograph. I like the ones with the green hopper cars as they remind me of the unit grain trains here in North America.

Lithuanian railways (LG) freight diesel locomotives 2M62K-0210 with an empty freight train and Siemens Eurorunner ER20CF-001 with a mixed freight train meets each other at Gaiziunai station, Lithuania

Lyduvenai bridge is the longest (599m) and the highest bridge (42m) in Lithuania, located at Lyduvenai (Raseiniai district).
Lithuanian railways (LG - Lietuvos gelezinkeliai) freight diesel locomotive 2M62M-0569 with a special tourist train (PTG TOURS) passes through Lyduvenai bridge, between Tytuvenai - Vidukle stations, Lithuania

Lithuanian railways (LG) freight diesel locomotives 2M62K-0210 with an empty freight train and Siemens Eurorunner ER20CF-001 with a mixed freight train meets each other at Gaiziunai station, Lithuania

I like the engine on the second train: a double cab and I assume twin diesel engines inside.

Thanks. From outward appearances it looked as though it had two engines inside the hood, but I was wrong. Amtrak has replaced some of its aging diesels with Siemens units.

Lithuanian railways (LG) freight diesel locomotive 2M62m-1164/0677 with a heavy loaded coal train together with a brand new diesel locomotive 2TE25KM-0350 (RZD - Russian Railways) between Kyviskes - Valciunai stations, Lithuania

Belarusian railways (BCh) freight diesel locomotive 2TE10Uk-0066 (Gomel depot) with a freight train between Valciunai - Jasiunai stations, Lithuania

Lithuanian railways (LG - Lietuvos gelezinkeliai) freight diesel locomotive 2M62M-0538 with a mixed freight train between Valciunai - Jasiunai stations, Lithuania

What is the wire running between two posts on the roofs of some of the locomotives? Antenna?

The streamlined cars at the head of the second train remind me of when passenger trains in the US carried mail and express packages.

What is the wire running between two posts on the roofs of some of the locomotives? Antenna?

The streamlined cars at the head of the second train remind me of when passenger trains in the US carried mail and express packages.

Yes, its an antenna.

Those cars are refrigerated cars. You can see in the middle there is a car with a diesel-generator and engineers who are responsible for the transported goods in the refrigerated cars.

Thanks. I enjoy your videos. Those diesel engines remind me of the old streamlined diesel engines used in the US when I was a kid back in the 50's. Those diesels were similarly run in matched sets.

Lithuanian railways (LG) freight diesel locomotives 2M62K-0600 with an empty freight train and 2M62M-0677 with a loaded mixed freight train meets each other at Livintai station, Lithuania

Lithuanian railways (LG - Lietuvos gelezinkeliai) freight diesel locomotive 2M62UM-0382 with a loaded freight train between Bezdonys - Pabrade stations, Lithuania

Are those semi-open freight cars automobile carriers?

Nice shot between the bridges. Is the older one on the left still in operation?

Are those semi-open freight cars automobile carriers?

Nice shot between the bridges. Is the older one on the left still in operation?

Yes, by these freight cars automobiles are being carried. On this case it goes from Kaliningrad to the east through Lithuania like a transit train.
The bridge on left is not usable. Local people are using it to pass through the river :)

Lithuanian railways (LG - Lietuvos gelezinkeliai) freight diesel locomotive 2M62M-0670 and Russian railways (RZD) freight diesel locomotive 2M62-0513A with a loaded freight train, Paneriai station, Lithuania

Lithuanian railways freight diesel locomotives 2M62M-0676 and 2M62K-0756 with a heavy loaded freight train between Jasiunai - Valciunai stations, Lithuania

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back