Autumn in Kansas

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CGW101c

CGW Fan
Spent some time in the area north of Great Bend Kansas visiting family. I headed out on Sunday the 25th in search of fall colors. Lots of yellow and gold not a lot of red and orange. I think that because there aren't very many maple trees. Found a K&O train tied down at Redwing KS. I had seen it Saturday in Hoisington but didn't stop then. There are a number of stored cars in sidings at Hoisington and Claflin. The Hoisington Yard actually looks like it did when the MOP was there back in the 70's. The train picks up cars from out west and bring them back toward Hutchinson I think. There is also an ex-ATSF line that runs out to Scott City via Great Bend. Both the ex MOP and ex ATSF served by the K&O

Hoisington Yard_102515.jpg East End Hoisington Yard

Relay Box_102515.jpg An old Relay Cabinet

KO 3835_102515.jpg The K&O. Good size train of grain and tank cars

Pretty Trees_102515_v1.jpg Pretty Trees

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back