Ashton Valve Company

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

part 16

Stanley & Patterson 1930 Fire Alarm Systems     1.jpg
Stanley & Patterson 1930 Fire Alarm Systems     2.jpg
Thomas Robertson  1925.jpg
Thornton N Motley Illustrated Catalogue 1890    1.jpg
Thornton N Motley Illustrated Catalogue 1890    2.jpg
W.J.Tiebout 1920    1.jpg
W.J.Tiebout 1920    2.jpg

1877, the company first incorporated in Hartford CT. I recently was able to obtain a copy of the letter from the Hartford Daily Courant which is attached below along with a photo of one of the first stock certificates.

1877 Aug 15.. Ashton Valve co Incorporation..Hartford Daily Courant.jpg
1877 STOCK CERTIFICATE.jpg

I just picked up this Ashton pop safety valve. This was manufactured after the company left Cambridge Mass in 1948 and set up in Wrentham, Ma. It was sold under the Crosby-Ashton name.

PXL_20210425_181021962.jpg
#28    38.jpg

A vacuum gage article from the 1912 Compressed Air journal and an Ashton Valve vacuum gage and gage tester.

1912 compressedair17wash_0014    1.jpg
1912 compressedair17wash_0015    2.jpg
1912 compressedair17wash_0016    3.jpg
IMG_20190908_111403.jpg
1920    118.jpg
IMG_20190430_172527.jpg
1920    151.jpg

Trade show giveaways

Often at a industry trade show, the companies displaying their products will offer customers a little token gift as a thank you or a reminder of what they have to offer. Attached is a picture of some of those giveaways I've collected. The mirror (round with safety valve in middle) is about 3" in diameter. Everything else but the dry shaver is quarter size or smaller.

Ashton Valve trde show giveaways.jpg

I recently obtained copies of some old Ashton Valve advertising circulars relating to their gages. Take a look.

circular 109
Ashton gages 109    1.jpg
Ashton gages 109    2.jpg
Ashton gages 109    3.jpg

I picked up an Ashton wheel press recording gage on ebay. It needs a couple of parts but I think I can find them. 70 pounds!

Wheel press recording gage    1.jpg
Wheel press recording gage    2.jpg
1915 Railway Age GAzette.jpg
1912 American Engineer  wheel press recording gauge.jpg
Wheel Press  D 1  1957 #46B.jpg
Wheel Press  D 2.jpg

I recently picked an an Ashton illuminated pressure gage with translucent glass to alow the light to pass through the gage face. The electrical element is missing but it looks like it could be replaced without too much difficulty.
Illuminated dial pressurre gage    1.jpg
Illuminated dial pressure gage    2.jpg
#28    127.jpg

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back