Arizona & South Eastern RR Locomotive roster?

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

damoclid

I've been doing a bit of research on an obscure railroad that began operations late January 1889 between the town of Bisbee, Arizona to a connection with the New Mexico & Arizona in the (now ghost) town of Fairbank.

The railroad was known as the Arizona & South Eastern Rail Road (Arizona & Southeastern Railroad), and is the precursor to the El Paso & Southwestern.

They purchased a used 4-4-0, which is still extant in El Paso along with a new Baldwin 2-6-0 for the beginning of operations. In 1894 they purchased another new Baldwin, this one a compound Consolidation. I have found references to 2 other Baldwins, one ordered in 1897 & the other in 1899. I also have found that their #9 was apparently a new ALCO 0-6-0 built in either 1900 or 1901.

I'm hoping someone may have more details or even a roster, but any details about their locomotives will be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

damoclid

The Arizona & South Eastern Railroad website

All,
since my post inquiring about the A&SE locomotive roster, I have uncovered a lot more information about that 19th century shortline.

I have worked up what I think is a rather interesting and informative website that discusses the railroad and its history, including a bit of information about the locomotive roster.

I invite readers to take a look at:

https://sites.google.com/site/thearizonasoutheasternrailroad

Thanks!

Richard

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)