Another set of photos from Taylor

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

GreatUSRailfan

I'm a little late in posting this due to a busy schedule this week, but I benefitted from the weather we had Saturday. With the threat of heavy rain, UT baseball's annual alumni game was cancelled, meaning I had four more hours of free time to fill. So I set out for small assignment for my journalism design class to find examples of good and bad type. Well, I ended up in Taylor, where I got some good examples and also found myself a container stack train rolling through town. With the cloud cover, I was able to shoot from the north side of the tracks and I think they all turned out nicely. I also happened to stumble across a Norfolk Southern engine sitting on a siding in Round Rock, which seems a bit odd to me.

Anyway, hoping next time I'm able to get out to another area around Austin to shoot.

More photos and details are here: http://railfanningtexas.jacobmartella.com/2015/02/04/a-catch-in-the-rain-in-taylor-texas/

Attachments

• IMG_1172.jpg
    IMG_1172.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1181.jpg
    IMG_1181.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 272

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back